PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Cebu Cosplay | Cosplay Harajuku District (HD)


The 2nd event for this day and one of the few events that was being held at night. Cosplay Harajuku District (HD) was held last October 29, 2011 at the Linear Park, Ayala Business Park, Cebu. It was supposed to imitate Japan's Harajuku Bridge where cosplayers and fashionistas would meet.


The place was decorated with lanterns and food stalls can be found on the sides. I didn't bother taking pictures of the cosplayers I was passing by since I do not like the outcome of the pictures using the built in flash of the camera.


So Cosplay HD started with the live bands. One of my friends was there to play, she sang an acoustic version of 1/3 from Rurouni Kenshin. Never Ending Weekend also graced the event and in honor of tonights theme, their last song was a cover of Rolling Star by Yui. They sounded good but pronounced the lyrics wrong. I can let it pass since I know that they are not Japanese and maybe didn't have enough time to practice. But at least the vocalist memorized the song and the band played real well.

Tuxedo Team

Then there was this actor who was also invited to Cosplay HD and performed a song(I forgot his name). Many didn't care since most were waiting for the Tuxedo Team to show up. And the Tux Team were also the reason why I stayed for this event. I braved the ocean of professional photographers just to get a decent shot of the Tux Team.XD Of course I was a little bit intimidated by them since they got all flashes, lenses and assistants. Hahaha. But never the less, I got some pretty good shots for this cosplay event.

To formally start the event, the emcees were introduced: Chloe and Melo a.k.a Maid Macho. They were a really great combination. They never gave way to silence. Melo is part of the Tux Team. I knew he was a good emcee but I never thought that he was THAT good. He was so funny and he wore a school girls outfit matched with a strawberry knee-high socks and his Japonista foot wear. I can still remember him saying that his friends saw that pair of socks one day and instantly thought of him so they bought it. What great friends! Hahaha.

a not so nice shot of the judges.XD

The Tuxedo Team were then introduced. Dom was cosplaying as Lee from Tekken; Bok was a masked man; Jayem was donning his Black Rock Shooter outfit; Charmie as Sheryl Nome (she is really awesome! She made her own costume); then there was Miguel as Captain Jack Sparrow (he was so in character!); Kat was cosplaying as Juria from Fairy Tail and lastly, Jin as Angela Teach from Pirates of the Caribbean. A loud cheer erupted from the audience(more than the cheer of that actor). Then the judges were introduced. They were   Anne; a very talented photographer, Arvee; a known cosplayer/propsmaker, then Kat and Jin from the Tux Team.


First up were the kiddo cosplayers. There was a Xiayou and Bob from Tekken. That small boy really got Bob's looks! Hahaha. A mini Naruto and a twirling fairy. Then on to the Male cosplay competiton. There were only five of them and the female cosplay competitors were only two. I was just curious why there were only a few contestants.


The group cosplay has three participants. 2 out of 3 performed at ARCHCON. I wonder what stuffs run in judges minds as they witness the same performance in one day. hehe

Comments
-they should not have invited a guest not related to the event like that actor.
-why put a kiddie cosplay at this event. It was held at night and the winner was announced past 11pm(that is past the children's bedtime.XD)
-the organizers handled the event perfectly. They really planned this event well, I can tell by the event flow.
-i just wished that the cosplayers should have worn japanese fashion instead of dressing up as anime character. hehe

Thank you to iluvcebu.com for the complimentary passes.=]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was really happy to see the Tuxedo Team personally that my inspiration went up and as a result, I got really great shots for this event!=D I badly want an external flash.

0 comments:

Post a Comment