PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Cebu Cosplay | ARCHCON 2011

got this here

Animation, Role-playing, Comics and Hobbies Convention (ARCHCON)  is an event organized annually by Sacred Heart and it was held at the old Sacred Heart Campus Gymnasium  last October 29, 2011. This year's theme was post apocalyptic.

This event was already scheduled in my calendar of activities as well as the Cosplay HD to be held on the same day. I always look forward to ARCHCON because my senses say that I will witness some nice cosplays. And so I did. hahaha

Hope and Gama

I was accompanied by my partner in crime(Hope) and we arrived in the venue by 1pm. When we entered the gym, we were greeted by lots of PC's. Turns out, it was a Star Craft 2 Tournament (I think Gama was the one who organized this). It's good to see that there are actual video games being played in the event. There was a Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the opposite side of the SC2 players. There was even a Dance Central thing beside the MVC3.

                                                               Gundam Display                                             Epyon

The first thing you will notice will be the overflowing cosplayers. We visited the Gundams being displayed there. Epyon and Wing were there! Well, I didn't expect them to be there since I thought collectors nowadays only collected the new Gundam series. I also saw a few Nendoroids and I think there was also a figma there. HHmm... maybe I'll ask them to display my figmas next time. I always find it nice to see figmas of the same series on one table.=3 I was also expecting a Ball Jointed Doll (BJD) to be there but I was not able to find it.

flavors for the snow cones

we had blueberry and raspberry

Food stalls were also present. I saw the old dude that was selling Takuyaki along Sanciangko there!=D My favorite food stall was definitely the snow cones! Lots of flavors to choose from and the perfect weapon to combat the heat. There was also a stall selling anime figures(that are authentic), DC and Marvel toys and Gundams. I'm really glad that they decided to  join the event. It made some people aware that you can find authentic anime figures in Cebu. I recognize Paolo, the one who sold me the BRS figma. But I was too shy to approach him. hahaha. Then there were also stalls selling anime merchandises(the fake ones.XD).

the artists' table

There was an artists' alley(or long table) situated in the center(well, not really. but it was close to the center. haha) of the gym. In this part, you can see a line of artists doing there stuff: drawing. I find it really awesome that they can draw in spite of people hovering on their backs and watching them draw. Because I, myself can't stand it. hahaha.


On to the cosplayers. I see some zombies here and there. Many decent cosplayers were around. My favorite was definitely the Corpse Bride. She was sooo blue! I also like the group cosplaying Final Fantasy characters, what made me like them because they were females cosplaying as male characters and they did a nice job.

Corpse Bride=3

I was not able to take lots of pictures because the heat was killing me. The weather was really warm and the place was packed with a LOT of people. It was so hot that it drained my energy every time I roam around. Our snow cones melted in the span of 5 min!

It's a good thing that there were lots of chairs so we decided to just sit and watch the competition. I was not really interested in the Solo competition. For the group competition, I think there were only 3. The Final Fantasy Group and the Devil May Cry Group (I really forgot what was the other group=(. it's the result of writing this blog entry very late). The Group cosplay competition is always more entertaining for me. 

I would like to stay in the venue to take more pictures but the heat was killing us. So we decided to go to Ayala, by foot(because there were no signs of jeepneys). While walking there, my partner in crime saw someone worthy of stalking. We stalked that person but you need to walk in the same pace as your victim. And Hope failed at that. hahaha. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a perfect vision and was still shooting in manual focus. It's a good thing some of the pictures came out clear.XD Why does it take so long for the Canon service center to call us?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are all invited to join our CEBU NIHON MATSURI COSPLAY COMPETITION and JOB FAIR on October 20, 2112 at Shopwise Basak, Mambaling, Cebu. Contact Ethos Corp. at 0927-3244034 or 0943-4960567 for more details!!!
Help us promote this event. http://www.facebook.com/marvin.velarde.777#!/events/528445927168882/permalink/528832493796892/?notif_t=like

Post a Comment