PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lola's 75th Birthday

My grandmother celebrated her 75th birthday last October 25, 2011 at the Coco Palms Beach Resort, Danao.

Our plan (actually, it was my aunt's) was to surprise her with the place, print out a huge tarpaulin,  her youngest daughter coming to Cebu from Manila and fly her sister from Kidapawan to Cebu. The grandchildren were tasked to make a video presentation for her (it will be headed by An2x and me). I don't actually like tarpaulins printed for a birthday, it looks so common and commercial (it's like you are advertising or something). So An2x decided to just make an image with Lola's face + date and place (it was showed in a projector). What's unique about it is that Lola's image was painted (through Photoshop) by An2x.

I was really excited in making the video, it was supposed to be so awesome but we were not given much time and almost all our schedules conflicted. I was only able to finish the 1st part of the shoot (out of 12 parts). I'm planning to finish this for Lolo's birthday next year. hahahaha. So, we just decided to make a video greeting from each family. For my family, we are all camera shy, so we decided to let our dogs make the video presentation.>=] The video was shot and edited in about 7hrs+ (hours before the celebration.XD)

Morning came and I got only a few hours of sleep (and a freaking soar throat because of the cake I ate the night before). So each of us had to come up with a reason for leaving the house. It is customary for us to pass by our grandparent's house and "amin" and tell them where we are going. Here are some of the reasons:
-my uncle, his wife and their baby son told them that they were going to Bogo
-cousin1 said he was going to look for a dog
-cousin2 said she was going to stroll in the mall
-cousin3 said she was going to enroll (she even wore her school ID to make it believable)
-cousin4 said he was going to apply
-aunt said she was going to Danao (well, it was true)
-An2x said she was going to work
-I did my usual thing when I was going to be late: run towards the gate and said I was going to work.(ppppffffttt!! i left the house past 10am. my work starts at 9am. hahaha)

All that was left at home were my grandparents, mom, brother, cousin5 and aunt2. Aunt2 is known to treat my grandparents or her parents to some fancy restaurant every time there is a special occasion. So she told them she will treat them somewhere together with the people left at home. So off they go in an hours ride to Danao.

We waited for our Lola to arrive at the conference hall so that we can say SURPRISE!!! hahahaha. Well she did look surprised when she saw us. Too bad I was not able to capture it in video because I pushed the button a couple of times(that is what lack of sleep does to you).

We then proceeded with the events :
-video presentation
-another surprise (her sister giving her a bouquet of flowers.) Lola shed tears for this one=]
-lunch. FOOD!!
-song number by cousin6
-blowing of cake (it was actually 75 cupcakes with a candle each)
-opening of gifts
-then they strolled around the resort

The last thing I remembered was waiting to take our family picture. Then the world turned black because I was hungry for sleep.

I somehow regretted sleeping for the entire afternoon. I was so eager to take pictures but my energy was drained because of the soar throat, lack of sleep, slight fever and the burning rays of the sun. >.<

To make myself feel better, I'll share the 1 minute video presentation of Zero and Aki. Hope you'll enjoy ;]


/*pictures will be posted later or never.XD*/

0 comments:

Post a Comment